Frequently Asked Questions
We covered so much in the initial tour. We know it can be hard to remember everything we talked about. To avoid any confusion, we decided to create a blog covering some of the most commonly asked questions about the venue and our policies. Have a question? Call your wedding planner or see if we've answered it here. If you don't see the answer, check your contract or HERE. Still no answer? Send us a quick email. We will find the answer for you. We want the planning process to be as painless as possible.
1. How many guests does the venue hold? Inside, the venue is limited to about 150-200 for a reception
2. Isn't there a fire code?
YES! The setup you see when you tour the venue is the "Fire Code" approved table layout. Your wedding planner you hire, should be knowledgeable with state and local ordinances.
3. What type of tables do you have (shape, size)? Currently, we offer 15- 60” round tables and 2- 8' rectangle tables at no additional charge. The height is a standard 29 inches.
4. How long do we have at the venue? Everyone is welcome from 10:00am til 11:00pm on the day of your event. Additional time is available.
5. How many restrooms are there? 1 men and 1 womens. The men have 2 stalls and the ladies have 2. The bride has her own personal restroom. Occupancy code suggests 1 stall for every 75 guests.
6. If an outdoor venue: Is there a backup plan for rain? In case of rain, we offer a gorgeous pavilion as a backup plan. We don't recommend using the pavilion in winter months unless weather permits.
7. Is the venue child friendly? What facilities are available for entertaining children? Yes, although we do not offer any child care during the events. Most couples provide entertainment or a sitter during the event.
8. Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band? Are there any restrictions? We welcome DJ’s and live bands and provide dedicated outlets for their equipment.
9. Do you have a sound system with speakers, or will that need to be rented? We offer a small sound system which is great for light background music. You can also use it for toasts and announcements but, in no way does it replace the energy and entertainment of a live DJ.
10. Do you have microphones for speeches? No, we do not offer microphones but, our equipment has an outlet for a mic.
11. Can I hook an iPod or laptop up to your sound system? Absolutely! Customize your event by providing your music favorites.
12. Is there a required/preferred vendor list to stick to? Can we use other vendors? We are very flexible here at The Belvedere. You are welcome to bring in the caterers of your choice or self cater and serve family favorites. We recommend event insurance in case someone gets sick from something that was served at your event.
13. Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware provided, or will we have to rent them or get them through our caterer? We offer tables and chairs. Table linens are available to rent from one of our vendors. We don’t provide dishes or serving ware.
14. Is there an option for a dinner the night before or a brunch the day after? It's very common to rent 2 days. One day can be used to decorate and rehearse and the other for your wedding.
15.When can we get access to the space to decorate/set up? You can start as early as 10:00 am the day of the event. If you need early access, let us know. For a minimal charge, you can start decorating early.
17. Are there any suites or private rooms available to get ready? Yes, The Belvedere offers separate dressing rooms. The bride and groom each have their own dressing rooms.
18. Can the wedding party get ready at the venue? Yes! There’s plenty of room for everyone!
20. Do you have wifi? Due to security issues, we do not offer free wifi.
23. Are you easy to find? Absolutely! We are located close to town and close to amenities.
24. Do you have places for us to take wedding pictures? We work closely with several photographers to provide you some fantastic photo opportunities. We have numerous photo props as well as landscaping and backgrounds to capture those special moments. Need a photographer? We've got some great references.
25. I'm not sure if I'll need a rehearsal but, just in case do you offer one?
Sure! Since we will be set up for another wedding inside the ballroom, you'll have access to the outdoor ceremony areas and to the pavilion/barn! There is a restroom on the east side of the salon building. Rehearsals are scheduled Monday through Thursday upon availability no earlier than 60 days before.
26. Do I need a rehearsal?
We are finding more and more brides are eliminating the rehearsal tradition. Trying to schedule everyone to meet at a certain time and day is stressful along with the added expense of the rehearsal dinner. Brides today are becoming more creative and incorporating a rehearsal into the morning of their event. We love the brunch idea. Mimosas or juice, coffee and pastries are served before everyone starts decorating. It's like a party before the party.
27. Can I rent the venue for my rehearsal dinner?
Couples who rehearse at the venue will then meet elsewhere for dinner. If you're interested, we have a rehearsal dinner package which gives you 2 hours of ballroom rental to meet and greet, cocktails or have dinner. It's available Monday through Thursday. 200.00.
28. Do you allow alcohol?
You are welcome to bring alcohol. We do not serve or sell it but, you can serve it to your guests. We highly recommend event insurance in case someone gets sick or gets injured after you have served them drinks.
29. Something came up and I need to cancel
Our contract has a "No Cancellation" clause. Your event insurance will refund your money if you need to cancel. They will refund all of your deposits and and even help if you've lost your rings or damaged your dress. We also recommend event insurance to help protect you financially when hosting a large event in case someone gets sick from food you may have brought in.
30. What are your hours?
Our business hours are Monday through Friday 9am til 6pm. If you need to reach us during your event, you will be provided a contact number in your Final Detail Questionnaire. If you need to visit the venue, please call or email for an appointment before visiting the venue. We have weddings and other events and wouldn't want you to walk in during someones elopement, shower or rehearsal.
31. Do you allow pets?
The fee is 200.00 if you'd like to include your furry friend. Fur babies must be on a leash and tethered and under control at all times. The fee pays for a staff member to be onsite in case of damages, complaints from guests and to pick up poo. We've had a number of complaints from guests about pets unleashed, jumping on people, barking etc. Pets get nervous and unpredictable in large crowds with loud music. If the security cameras detect an animal at the event unleashed, then a staff member will be onsite for the remainder of the event for security purposes